Sunday, March 21, 2010

Artistic Frustration











If you are artistically inclined in any way I am sure you know exactly what I am talking about. It is the dreaded creative blockade; you don't know what to do or where to go next. You loose concentration and direction in your work and nothing seems to go smoothly (as if they ever did). I understand that the only way to get through it is to keep on working and just struggle to keep up the good fight. Easier said than done. These images represent a struggle to keep it going. I do not feel inspired by much right now and I certainly don't feel inspired by these but here they are none the less. If I have to suffer, so do you. These are from the ongoing project documenting construction or the lack of it.... more to come.

Reading list;

Reading now-
The Prairie- James Fenimore Cooper

Coming up-
The Rough Riders- Theodore Roosevelt
King Solomon's Mines- H. Rider Haggard
The Jungle Books- Rudyard Kipling

Finished-
The Four Feathers- A.E.W. Mason

No comments:

Post a Comment