Monday, May 31, 2010

Relations? And a List or Two... Yes, Two Lists.


I have been really struggling with trying to figure out why I am making these images.  I think the more I look at them that it becomes a little bit about a relationship/association/connection/link with the natural world.  Almost all of the work I have done is about this idea.  But it is more than just that; it isn't that easy.... thus the struggle..... OK so lets try a list here;
List of ideas;

  • Light

  • Man made

  • Natural

  • Living

  • Inert

  • Land

  • Clay

  • Dirt

  • Grass

  • Ugly Vs. Appealing {or, is ugly actually an appealing quality?}

  • Dead

  • Growth

  • Consumption- man and/or nature as consumer

  • Objects

  • Abandoned or Tossed out

  • Neglect

  • Waste

More later I think.... need to digest.

Reading List;

Finished-
It Can't Happen Here- Sinclair Lewis
A frightening story of what would happen if the fascists took over in America in the 1930's.  The scariest part about it is that it was written in 1935 before all of the Nazi atrocities were realized.
Reading-
Lord Jim- Joseph Conrad

No comments:

Post a Comment