Sunday, January 30, 2011

Amesbury and the End



The last day of our trip.  The last two places we went before we started for home.  The Church in the top image is where my great grandparents went when they were growing up.  That is my fathers, mothers parents; the Butters.  Below that image is one of the places where some of my ancestors from that side of the family worked; The Lowell Boatshop.  Lowell's is the oldest continually running hand built wooden boat shop in the country.  I am not sure when my family was involved with the boat shop but, I can remember the place being talked about many times throughout my childhood.  It was a must visit.



Reading List;
Reading-
Arrowsmith- Sinclair Lewis
Finished-
Elmer Gantry- Sinclair Lewis
Reread-
It Can't Happen Here- Sinclair Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment