Monday, September 24, 2012

Surrounded

I have to leave for work in an hour.  I don't want to go.  I keep telling myself that I have an easy job, and I do. But that doesn't change the fact that I don't want to go.  It's not that I don't want to work at all, I just want a job that is challenging; a job where I am treated like a participant rather than a fixture.  Sitting in that booth makes it all seem like it is on TV... you're not looking in at me, I am the one watching you.  I see the day unfold and move into the night and the night fall back into the day.  I see everything and I hear everything.  I know  every shadow and every corner.  I have been here too long.  I am wiser and older than I seem.  Common sense isn't common and common courtesy is even less.  You get to leave and I have to stay.  It is a small space, please don't fart.

No comments:

Post a Comment