Saturday, February 25, 2012

Home

1977-1986
This is the house that I spent the first few years of my life in.  My father and grandfather built the garage.  

1986-1997
This is the house my parents built.  It will always be home.  Ghost in the graveyard, underage drinking parties on the back patio.  Basketball on the driveway.  We planted the lawn from seed.  We were the first house facing the street on this side of the block.

I also lived in Florida for a little over a year but I have no photographs of where I lived.  I lived in a trailer park off of the first exit into the state on I-95.  

1998-2003
I did not live in this house but, this is where my grandparents house once stood.  After my grandmother passed away we moved in with my grandfather.  After grandpa passed away the house was torn down and this house was built.  The big tree in front was planted by my mother when she was in elementary school.  That is the sidewalk where I first learned to ride a bike.

2003-present
We live in a townhouse now.  It is about half the size of any house we have lived in.  It  was interesting to downsize- all of the sudden you have too much stuff.  I think we must have spent the first four years either throwing stuff away or donating it.  We have the windows and door to the right of the tree.  Kinda nice to have an inside unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment