Monday, March 5, 2012

Dad made this..

..photograph.
It hung in his office.

He probably stood right there when he made it.


Dad was a mechanic for a pump repair company.   The pumps that he repaired were not the kind of pumps you have in your basement... he could repair those too but, the companies he worked for serviced power plants, waste treatment plants, water stations, etc.
This is a photograph of the Coffeen power station in Coffeen, Illinois.  I am not sure when this photograph was made but I believe that it was the mid nineties.  That would have been when he was running a repair facility in Joliet.  He would have made this picture while visiting the power station on business.  He used his Pentax K1000 35mm camera; when I first started taking pictures I used his camera.  In a way this photograph is sort of like corporate art.

I have had this photograph sitting in a frame in the back of my closet for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment