Sunday, August 2, 2009

More Edits= More Pictures

The more I look at these images the more I see that this is a half started project and there needs to be more done at many different levels. I need to revisit these places often. I need to meet more people and get more in depth with the work. It feels like I am just pecking at the surface.....

This is Shane (23 years old) from Farina, Illinois. He and his father have a car interior buisness. I met him while he was doing some wiring in a car; he showed me his portfolio of work... a very talented artist. He was also kind enough to let me make a few photographs. This is my favorite. There are a couple more that might show up later.

I had a brief convo with this guy after making this image. He was not too happy to be up on that roof painting and we both shared our distaste for house painting. As we were talking some of his family came out the front door. I asked if I could photograph them too but, no dice. It may be my approach or, it may be that it is in fact difficult to photograph people when they aren't expecting it.


Who doesn't love baseball? All little towns have baseball fields. I definitely need to do more with them. I jsut love the pressbox and the stands. It reminds me of a Bruce Springsteen video from the 80's. To me this is nostalgia... true American nostalgia.


Jeans and a wood fence....... 'nuff said.



2 comments:

  1. Great photo -- House in the background is my father's boyhood home and I am fortunate enough to have some older views of the house. Have any more photos of this house?

    ReplyDelete