Thursday, July 22, 2010

Creating Images and The Next Step


Create images that challenge the senses as well as the intellect.


I have decided to go back to school and get my masters degree.  I went to school to become an artist... I went to school after that to teach art hoping that it would pay the bills and afford me time to keep immersed in my work while I shared my experiences as an artist with new artists.  Due to the rough weather in the economy and my clear lack of being able to get past a first interview- close to 30 first interviews by now; I have decided that it must not be the right time to be a teacher.  Being an artist has been the most challenging and fulfilling thing I have undertaken.  I need that constant challenge that I get in school.  I need to take my work to the next level.  This time next year I will be gearing up for the next challenge.... just a question of where now.

No comments:

Post a Comment