Sunday, July 18, 2010

Environmental Interaction


I am fascinated by our natural surroundings.  The reality of existence is interesting to me.  I feel that interaction between living things and environment needs to be explored.  I find the interaction between humans and our surroundings especially interesting.  I like how we work to make sense of our environment; our attempts to control it when in the end it seems like it controls us.  It is a fragile coexistence. 

I have tried to be focused on specifics in my work over the last few years and there is a place for that within the larger picture of what I want my career as an artist to be.  Right now I am seeing a larger direction or angle to my work.  I have been very narrow in the past and have not been able to look beyond the work and what I thought it should be.  Maybe it is time to let the work be what It is and focus more on the long term ideas... what do I find interesting about our existence and how do I translate that through a visual image?

No comments:

Post a Comment